Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hugh Panero

I know I'm a little behind on my blogging, but I'm going to attempt to catch up. Last year, my friend Kristin (who is a season ticket holder) gave me a pair of tickets to go see the Columbus Pop Symphony's concert "Broadway Rocks". It featured four Broadway soloist and of course, Broadway music. It was amazing and I was in awe of one of the male vocalist's voice. After I got home, I hopped online to find out about Hugh Panero and joined his fan page on Facebook and bought a couple songs on iTunes. A couple days later I got a notice on my news feed that Hugh would be back in Ohio, up in Cleveland doing another show. So I called my friend Katie and asked her if she wanted to come up with me and she said yes. I went back and forth about contacting the girl who ran the fan page on Facebook about going backstage to meet Hugh, but in the end I decided what the heck?! She responded and said that she would forward on my email to Hugh and then instructed me on what to do when I got to the theatre...write a letter to Hugh, give it to the head usher and ask him to pass it on and hope for the best. The show was great and Katie and I got fabulous seats. After the concert, we followed the head usher to the "sneak door" and met Hugh at the door. He said, "Are you Kira?" So either he got my email or got my letter, but I was so excited! He was super nice and gracious.
Hugh and Me

Katie and Me
So unfortunately, Hugh won't be in Ohio anytime soon because he is currently starring as http://www.thephantomoftheopera.com/new_york/meet_the_people/cast/hugh_panaro2010.php
Hoping to get to New York to see him again!


No comments: